Introduction

Lynne Young lyoung at CCS.CARLETON.CA
Mon Jul 5 14:13:51 UTC 1999

I am writing a short note to introduce myself to the news group on discourse.
I am an associate profesor of linguistics at Carleton University. I have
been involved in discourse analysis for many years, working on academic
discourse until about two years  ago. Since then I have been using two
analytical models: Critical Discourse Analysis and Systemic Functiuonal
Analysis to examine a body of data concerned with representation of
different minority groups in the Canadian Print Media.
In addition to this ressearch I also teach two courses related to this
approach to discourse analysis, one at the first year level and one at the
graduate level.
I look forwardd to participating in the Discours group.
Lynne Young
Assistant Director
School of Linguistics
and Applied Language Studies