dramatic discourse

Thomas Bloor T.Bloor at ASTON.AC.UK
Wed Mar 10 09:56:15 UTC 1999

Jari

This is decidedly not my field. There must be masses of later stuff, but
here are a couple of very old refs that might be useful:

Burton, Deirdre (1980) Dialogue and Discourse: a Sociolinguistic Approach
to Modern Drama Dialogue and Naturally Occurring Conversation (Routledge &
Kegan Paul)

Elam, Keir (1980) The Semiotics of Theatre and Drama (Methuen)

several papers in Carter, Ronald & Simpson, Paul (eds) (1989) Language,
Discourse and Literature (Unwin Hyman):  Short, Mick 'Discourse analysis
and the analysis of drama'; Simpson, Paul 'Politeness phenomena in
Ionesco's "The Lesson"; Nash, Walter 'Changing the guard at Elsinore'

Tom