No subject

Oliver Komnenovic oliver.komnenovic at SIOL.NET
Thu Mar 11 10:53:10 UTC 1999

Hi everyone

I am a final-year student of English and Italian at the University of
Ljubljana, Slovenia. My field of study includes English-Slovene-Italian
contrastive analysis, discourse analysis, cultural studies and politics. The
subject of my Italian diploma thesis is a textual analysis of two chapters
from Giorgio Bassani`s novel `Il giardino dei Finzi-Contini` with a special
emphasis on the author`s use of the free indirect speech (FIS)/ discorso
indiretto libero (DIL) and how it is reflected in English and Slovenian
translations. I will appreciate any suggestion or information about the
relevant topic, since publications dealing with FIS seem to thin on the
ground

Best regards
Oliver Komnenovic