Call for papers

Anna De Fina definaa at GUSUN.GEORGETOWN.EDU
Mon May 17 14:52:05 UTC 1999

Dear list members,
my co-organizer and I are inviting one or two more papers for a colloquium
we want to propose for the 2000 Sociolinguistics Symposium to be held in
Bristol next year. Our colloquium focuses on the expression of identity by
immigrants in discourse. Data can be narratives, life histories,
conversation or any type of discourse.
At the moment we have papers that analyze immigrant discourse in different
countries and contexts, but we would like to add one or two more papers.
The deadline for submission of the proposal is June first, so we have very
little time left. If you are interested in participating, please forward
an abstract to Wilma Parker (parkerm at gusun.georgetown.edu) by May 22 or
23rd at the latest specifyng your objectives, data, and methodology.

If you don't have the information on the Symposium, we can forwward it to
you.
thanks for your interest

Wilma Parker