Internet discourse

el don eldon at GOL.COM
Sun Nov 21 12:59:10 UTC 1999

At 16:19 20/11/99, Lise Fontaine wrote:

>I would like to know if anyone has references on research on asynchronous
>email
>texts. I would also like to know if others are interested in this type of
>dialogue.

thanks for the reference to the site - will be sure to check it out.
and , yes, i have an ongoing interest in this area of research as well.

you may be interested (and perhaps others) in reading the body
of my masters diss at
http://www.loris.net/lexie.html
which takes a look at the nature of email list interaction, in part
discussing some of its 'conversational' features, although i was more
interested in the structural aspects of the unfolding discourse and how
they might be said to be signalled by lexical cues. i also use a hallidayan
perspective, so it sounds as if we have a lot in common.

best regards,
alexanne don