Internet discourse

Boyd Davis bdavis at EMAIL.UNCC.EDU
Sun Nov 21 12:22:17 UTC 1999

responding to Marco Massara).  I and my colleague have studied asynchronous
discourse. Perhaps you will find our analysis useful.  Electronic Discourse:
linguistic individuals in virtual space. SUNY Press, 1997.  In it we examine
the spoken and written characteristics, identify a variety of social cues
present in the interchanges and work at multiple levels (from morphemic
variation to macroproposition) to show how people use a variety of
strategies to accomplish dialogue and multilogue.