discourse of blurbs

Dr. Beth Rapp Young byoung at PEGASUS.CC.UCF.EDU
Thu Oct 21 22:24:19 UTC 1999

I don't know of anything specifically on this topic, but your
student might find these sources useful:

   * Thomas J. Roberts  *An Aesthetics of Junk Fiction*  Athens:
     U of Georgia P, 1990.
   * Victor Nell.  *Lost in a book: The psychology of reading for
     pleasure.*  New Haven: Yale UP, 1988.

This is an interesting topic.  I'd love to hear more about what
your student learns.

Beth Young

Tania Shepherd wrote:

> I have a student who is looking at blurbs of detective novels
> from a genre  perspective  and was wondering if anyone knows
> of   papers/books  on the topic .

Dr. Beth Rapp Young
University of Central Florida, Orlando
Email: byoung at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu