Introduction

Jennifer M. Lockhart jlockhar at SAS.UPENN.EDU
Tue Jan 18 21:49:54 UTC 2000

My name is Jennifer Lockhart, and I am a part time grad student at Penn.
I am a teacher of English and Journalism at Atlantic City High School in
New Jersey. I am interested in rhetoric and sermon studies, and hope to
use Bakhtin's ideas in connection to Early Modern preaching. I would
welcome any suggestions on theoretical areas I might use to develop the
concept of intertextuality and language spinning/borrowing as applied to
the rhetoric of sermons.