Introduction

Lutfi Hussein lutfi at ASU.EDU
Wed Jan 19 04:35:29 UTC 2000

My name is Lutfi Hussein. I am a full-time graduate student at Arizona State
University. I am interested in discourse analysis, particularly Critical
Discourse Analysis and its application in media discourse. For my master's
thesis, I am working on the representation of the Arabs in the New York
Times within the theoretical framework of Norman Fairclough and Teun van
Dijk. I am trying to see if there has been a change in the ideological
representation of the Arabs in the NYTimes over the past 25 years.
I would appreciate helpful input on this topic.

Thanks,
Lutfi