DA Vs Pragmatics

Dominique de Voghel devoghel at INTERMOR.NET.MX
Sat Mar 11 17:39:01 UTC 2000

Hi Gisela (Redeker) and Elisabeth (Traugott),

many thanks for your answer (Gisela) and reflexion (both of you) on the relation
between Discourse Analysis and Pragmatics; as I'm just doing a Master's Degree
in Applied Linguistics, I don't have as much knowledge as both of you about this
topic, but I have a deep interest. I will keep these comments and reflexions in
my PC files for further references.
As Gisela suggested me, I could find an answer to my question in "Levinson, S.
1983. Pragmatics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, Chapter 6".
I'm also going to visit again Teun's home page and look for what you tell me,
Gisela.

Regards

Dominique