Language ideology and pedagogy: Cry for help

Lutfi Hussein lutfi at ASU.EDU
Sun Mar 26 22:28:28 UTC 2000

Hi,

Two important scholars have published in the area of language ideology and
pedagogy: Alastair Pennycook (author of "The Cultural Politics of English as
an International Language," Longman, 1994); and Norman Fairclough (author of
the following books:
    1.. Language and Power (Language in Social Life Series)
    Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 0582009766

    2.. Discourse and Social Change
    Polity Pr; ISBN: 0745612180

    3.. Critical Discourse Analysis : The Critical Study of Language
(Language in Social Life Series) co-author Clive Holes
    Addison-Wesley Pub Co; ISBN: 0582219809

    4.. Media Discourse
    Edward Arnold; ISBN: 0340588896

    5.. Critical Language Awareness (Real Language Series) (Editor)
    ASIN: 0582064678 )
I hope this proves useful.

Best,
Lutfi