Functional Grammar

Phil Gaines gaines at ENGLISH.MONTANA.EDU
Tue Mar 28 20:04:00 UTC 2000

Keep in mind that Halliday's account of "functional grammar" is a
fundamentally different notion than the generative-based theory of
Functional Grammar (Bresnan, Kaplan, et al).  The former is a structuralist
description of (mainly English) grammar; the latter is a theory of syntactic
structure.

Phil Gaines