No subject

K. Zilkha kzilkha at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Sun Oct 29 17:02:03 UTC 2000

I'm doing research comparing contextual influences upon intergroup versus
intragroup communicative conflict in organizational settings.  In the
course of writing a conceptual paper which will better prepare me to
perform an empirical study, I am reviewing the literature on group
communication and conflict.  I hope to identify contextual factors that
affect conflict both within and between groups as well as those which may
have more impact on one than on the other (e.g., perceived orientation to
scarce resources and the nature of those resources appears to be an
important factor differentiating the two).

I would appreciate any leads list members can offer, particularly with
regards to intragroup conflict within the larger organization.  I'm trying
to limit my examination to problem-solving (decision-making) groups within
larger business organizations and to either communicative factors or those
affecting communication, but any related insights would also be very helpful.

Please reply off-list to kzilkha at mail.utexas.edu.  And thanks for your help!

Best,
Kathy Zilkha

Katherine Zilkha
Graduate Student, Dept. of Communication Studies
Associate Director, Conflict Resolution Center
The University of Texas at Austin
O: (512)471-7042
H: (512)834-9173
kzilkha at mail.utexas.edu