CFP: Please Post

Kate Hickerson khh at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Oct 30 01:41:33 UTC 2000

Call For Papers

SALSA 2001

20-22 April 2001

Keynote Speakers:
Mary Bucholtz           Texas A&M University
Alessandro Duranti      University of California, Los Angeles
George Lakoff             University of California, Berkeley
Gerry Philipsen              University of Washington

The Symposium About Language and Society- Austin is pleased to annouce its 9th
annual meeting to be held at the University of Texas at Austin. We encourage
the submission of abstracts on research that addresses the relationship of
language to culture and society. Desired frameworks include but are not
limited
to:
Linguistic Anthropology
Sociolinguistics
Ethnography Of Communication
Language And Identity
Speech Play, Verbal Art, And Poetics
Language And Media
Political Economy Of Language
Language And Social Interaction
Discourse Analysis
Language Vitality

Speakers will have 20 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for discussion.
Abstracts are due no later than January 23, 2001. Please visit our website for
submission guidelines:

www.utexas.edu/students/salsa

or contact us at:

SALSA