On parliamentary discourse

lahcen lahcen at FULBRIGHTWEB.ORG
Sun Feb 4 23:58:32 UTC 2001

Dear D-Folks,
I'm studying parliamentary discourse from several discourse linguistics approaches. I combine insigts from such areas as Pragmatics, rhetoric, political linguistics, political discourse analysis, critical discourse analysis, RST, and corpus linguistics.
I seek to provide a generic characterization of the various sub-genres of Arabic parliamentary discourse as currently used in the Moroccan Parliament in occasional comparison with its British counterpart.

Anybody interested?

Here is my first question for you:
Do you know of any references dealing wholly or partly with Arabic political/parliamentary discourse, and British political/parliamentary discourse.

I also read French and Spanish next to English and Arabic.
Thanks in advance to youll.