Films for teaching

Barbara Johnstone bj4 at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Thu May 17 21:25:47 UTC 2001

Scott,

I've just ordered for our library a short film called Le Mur.  It's one of
a set of European short films (67 minutes) made in connection with the
Millennium.  It's a good fictional treatment of the Francophone-Flemish
conflict in Belgium -- which is apparently a lot more heated than I thought
-- with an apocalyptic, sci-fi angle and characters in their 20s; the film
itself is bilingual and subtitled in English.  They have it at West Coast
Video. Here is the info:

The Wall (Le Mur)
Directed by Alain Berliner
cat. # FLV1627  [I don't know what catalog this refers to]
1988, La Sept ARTE/Haut et Court/WFE
Fox Lorber Films
distributed by Winstar TV and video

Barbara
--On Thursday, May 17, 2001 11:29 AM -0700 Scott Kiesling