Which terminology

bev sauer sauer at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Sun Nov 4 19:16:37 UTC 2001

The answer to your first question depends on your work and your needs:

You need to think about what the method will yield in terms of the question
or questions you are asking.

The first step in any research project is to find a good question that will
engage you as a researcher. Then you can assess how individual methods help
you answer the question.

Bev Sauer
Associate Professor of English
Carnegie Mellon University

on leave 2001-2003
Johns Hopkins University

--On Sunday, November 4, 2001 12:32 PM -0500 "Manuel F. Lara"