Introduction

Keith Sawyer ksawyer at ARTSCI.WUSTL.EDU
Fri Nov 16 20:55:43 UTC 2001

I am a conversation researcher influenced primarily by conversation
analysis, the ethnography of communication, and sociolinguistics.  My PhD
advisor was Michael Silverstein at the University of Chicago (1994).  My
first book was a study of children's pretend play dialogues called "Pretend
Play as Improvisation: Conversation in the Preschool Classroom" (1997,
Erlbaum).  I have another book in press called "Creating Conversations:
Improvisation in Everyday Discourse" (in press, Hampton).

R. Keith Sawyer

http://www.keithsawyer.com/
Assistant Professor
Department of Education