The medium and the message (was: on viruses)

zouhair maalej zmaalej at GNET.TN
Fri Feb 1 07:25:58 UTC 2002

Dear Celso, Robin, and other List members:
I cannot but agree with Celso and Robin that attachments are a serious
threat to our machines and work. I myself have received two infected files
from the List through attachments (so far!). Sometimes, even a powerful
anti-virus software is not enough in the face of this crazy proliferation of
destruction through launching viruses to the world. It is well known that
attachments are fertile grounds for worms, and talking about them is not
spamming (Lahcen was joking in his reply to Celso). Attachements are more
safely handled when they come from people you know. What do List members and
Owners think of banning attachments as part of the List's policy?

Best
**********************
Dr Zouhair Maalej,
Department of English, Chair,
Faculty of Letters,
University of Manouba,
Tunis-Manouba, 2010, Tunis, Tunisia.
Office phone: (+216) 71 600 700  Ext. 174
Office Fax: (+216) 71 600 910
Home Telefax: (+216) 71 362 871
Mobile: (+216) 98 585 551
E-mail: zmaalej at gnet.tn
CURIOSITY BRINGS JOY
JOY BRINGS HEALTH
HEALTH BRINGS LUCIDITY
LUCIDITY BRINGS CURIOSITY

All Outgoing and Incoming E-mails are Virus-scanned using Norton 2001
Software.