EPICS I (2nd call for papers)

Reyes Gomez Moron rgommor at DHUMA.UPO.ES
Tue Jan 22 22:16:26 UTC 2002

FIRST SYMPOSIUM ON INTERCULTURAL, COGNITIVE AND SOCIAL PRAGMATICS (EPICS
I)
CURRENT ISSUES ON PRAGMATIC RESEARCH
University of Seville (Spain)
10-12th April, 2002

SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS: EPICS I

This second circular is to remind you that the First Symposium on
Intercultural, Cognitive and Social Pragmatics (EPICS I) will
be held in Seville (Spain) on April 10-12th, 2002. This symposium is
organised by the research group 'Intercultural Pragmatic Studies
(English-Spanish): Pragmatic and Discourse Aspects' of the Department
of English Philology at the University of Seville.
 Since the topic of this edition will be "Current Issues on Pragmatic
Research" we would like to invite anyone currently researching in the
areas of pragmatics and discourse analysis, from any methodological
perspective or framework, to participate in EPICS I.

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS: Prof. Bruce Fraser (Boston University) has already
confirmed his presence in EPICS I.

SUBMISSIONS: We welcome original papers (45 minutes in length, the last
10 minutes will be devoted to discussion) on any topic in the field of
pragmatics that involves English or Spanish. Participants should submit
one-page abstract (500 words) accompanied by a step-by-step outline of
the presentation and the following information:

1. Author's name(s) and affiliation
2. Title of paper
3. Audio-visual equipment required (VHS video, OHP, cassette)
4. E-mail address(es)
5. Postal address(es)

Electronic submissions as e-mail attachments (RTF,ASCII, HTML) are
highly encouraged. Proposals may be sent to Pilar Garces
(pilar_garces at yahoo.com), Reyes Gomez (rgommor at dhuma.upo.es) or Manuel
Padilla (mpadilla at siff.us.es). Submissions by fax will not be accepted.
Those without e-mail access can send 2 printed copies of your abstract,
outline and accompanying information to:

Reyes Gomez
Departamento de Humanidades (Area de Lengua Inglesa)
Universidad Pablo de Olavide
Carretera de Utrera km.1
41013 - Seville (Spain)

DATES: The deadline for receipt of abstracts has been extended to
February 15th, 2002.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by February 28th, 2002. The
committee will plan the programme as soon as it has selected the
successful abstracts, so please indicate on the abstracts if you cannot
present your paper on any day of the conference (April 10-12th). It is
very difficult to reschedule papers after the programme has been
planned.

We hope you will circulate this Call for Papers to your colleagues and
others in your professional network, and to any discussion groups to
which you subscribe. For more information, please address to Reyes
Gomez (rgommor at dhuma.upo.es) or Manuel Padilla (mpadilla at siff.us.es).We
hope to see you in April 2002, here in Seville (Spain).