Request for useful information from a research scholar

Teun A. van Dijk teun at DISCOURSE-IN-SOCIETY.ORG
Tue Oct 8 14:42:20 UTC 2002

Dear Kothai,

Thank you for your message, but I am afraid you have come to the wrong
person -- I know nothing about English teaching, nor about the role of
discourse analysis in that area. Please search the web for others
specialized people... On my homepage you can see the kind sof things I
do. There are many linguists in India I suppose who know both about
applied linguistics, discourse analysis and teaching of English as a
second Language -- I am sure they can help you. I wished though I could
mentioned some names, but if you ask pretty "close" to where you are (oh
well, a flight of one or two hours -- I did that once...) in Mysore, at
the Institute of Indian Languages, they have many discourse analysts.

Sorry to disappoint you...

Best wishes

Teun

___________________________