Introduction

Barbara De Cock barbara.decock at ARTS.KULEUVEN.AC.BE
Mon Oct 18 15:57:44 UTC 2004

I had a look at previous introductions on this list to find out about the
"discourse" of this type of introductions...  and this is my personal attempt.

I studied Romance languages (French and Spanish) with a Master's thesis on
Language promotion of French and Spanish in Belgium, US and Canada. I
simultaneously completed the Belgian teachers' training.
Last year, I obtained an MA in European studies with a thesis on
Francophonie and EU.  I focused the analysis on both
organisations'  discourse concerning linguistic and cultural diversity.
I've just started a PhD at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium) on
Spanish linguistics and more precisely on Deixis and Indexicality in
various types of Spanish discourse concerning international
relations.  This research is also the main reason I joined this list.

Kind regards,

Barbara De Cock