counter-discourses

Patti Dunmire pdunmire at KENT.EDU
Tue Apr 26 13:55:50 UTC 2005

Flyss ,

I am in the very early stages of a project that looks at "nondominant"
discourses that oppose the dominant discourses re: globalization,
neoliberalism etc.  I am using the texts of the Zapatistas in Chiapas
Mexico to see how they talk about globalization and the future in order to
understand how they subvert, reject, etc. the metaphors, epistemologies,
etc. of the dominant discourses produced by the U.S., Britian etc.  At this
point, I've only produced a conference paper on this issue, but hope to get
more work done on it this summer.

Take care,
Patti

Patricia L. Dunmire