Introduction

Jim Wilce jim.wilce at NAU.EDU
Sun Jul 9 00:02:36 UTC 2006

Scott, this is a bit far afield areally, but here is a beautiful
meditation on the poetics of spatial architectonics:

Messick, Brinkley
    1993    The calligraphic state: Textual domination and history in a
Muslim society. Berkeley and Los Angeles: University of California.

Jim

--
Striving to teach and publish the best in linguistic anthropology--an ethnographic approach to the analysis of semiotic and discursive forms in relation to sociocultural processes

Jim Wilce, Professor of Anthropology
Editor, Blackwell Studies in Discourse and Culture
Box 15200
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff AZ 86011-5200
Bldg. 98D, Room 101E