Introduction

colin purcell-lee colinpurcelllee at BTINTERNET.COM
Sun May 27 08:23:40 UTC 2007

Thanks Jenny,

Colin.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jenny K Rodriguez
  To: DISCOURS at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
  Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 11:56 PM
  Subject: Re: Introduction

  Re: Colin's message about CDA

  Hi! The ones below I found very useful. In terms of 'new vocabulary' and the 'set of understandings...' you refer, I think they will be of help.

  Fairclough, N. & Wodak, R. (1997) Critical discourse analysis. In T. A. van Dijk (Ed) Discourse as Social Interaction, London: Sage.

  Gee, J. P. (2005) An Introduction to Discourse Analysis: Theory and Method, London: Routledge.

  Phillips, N. & C. Hardy (2002) Discourse Analysis: Investigating Processes of Social Construction, London: Sage.

  Wood, L. A. & R. O. Kroger (2000) Doing discourse analysis: Methods for studying action in talk and text, Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.

  Hope this helps.

  Cheers

  Jenny

  Naomi: "I thought you were happy-go-lucky."
  Jerry: "No, no, no, I'm not happy, I'm not lucky, and I don't go. If anything, I'm sad-stop-unlucky."

  Seinfeld - 'The Bubble Boy'