Critical Discourse Studies: Applications and Interventions

David Pask-Hughes adpaskhughes at HOTMAIL.CO.UK
Thu Aug 1 13:33:08 UTC 2013

Dear all,I'm looking for examples of the applications and interventions of research that specifically draws upon critical discourse studies (whether this be Fairclough, the DHA, multimodal approaches, etc.). Note that I've been quite liberal with "scare quotes" below, as I'm sure many of you will have some issues with some of the terminology I've employed (and rightly so).Basically, I'm interested in what CDA researchers have done beyond the publication of books and journal articles. This might include "outcomes" such as advisory documents for public sector officials, contributing research to opposition movements, examples where CDA research has guided public policy in any way, more "grassroots" interventions in particular communities and institutions, or simply publicising research in such a way that it is intended to have some form of positive "impact", "application" or "intervention".There certainly are examples of all of these but I've found that such examples/reports of these "applications" rarely find a way into monographs and articles.Any help would be greatly appreciated - feel free to post examples to the lists (LIP, Critics-L, Discours) or to me directly.Yours,Alexander David Pask-HughesDepartment of Linguistics and English LanguageLancaster Universitya.pask-hughes at lancaster.ac.ukTwitter: adpaskhughes