[EDLING:456] Re: Online SLA Intro Activity

Francis M Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Mon Dec 13 12:27:41 UTC 2004

I came across this the other day.  I can't vouch for the content since I
haven't read it.  It seems like the Association for Supervision and
Curriculum Development (ASCD) has published something about language
learning and diversity which is aimed at folks in educational leadership
in general.  You can see it here:

http://www.ascd.org/

There is also a nice UNESCO publication called 'Education in a
Multilingual World' that is available online in pdf format:

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0012/001297/129728e.pdf

You can also get a free copy by writing to UNESCO.  This is a great
introduction to the principles of multilingual education which aims
at general audience.

It would be nice to put together a listing of items that present the core
knowledge of educational linguistics to the public.  Perhaps we could
generate something together as a group.  Does anyone else have links?

Francis