tips for ESL teachers

Micheau, Cheryl CMicheau at UMASD.ORG
Tue Mar 9 20:43:17 UTC 2004

I'd say Dave's ESL Café has everything she needs.  TESOL's website may also lead her to some interesting materials.  They publish a book (title is something like Just a native speaker) that's also helpful, but I think that's geared more toward teaching abroad.

-----Original Message-----
From: dcj at dolphin.upenn.edu [mailto:dcj at dolphin.upenn.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 11:32 AM
To: edling at ccat.sas.upenn.edu; elxforum at dolphin.upenn.edu
Subject: tips for ESL teachers

I have a question from a TESOL practicum student: Does anyone know of any books
or other kinds of resources which help prepare the graduating TESOL student for
a career (finding jobs, interviewing, etc.) in ESL teaching? She's looking for
something very practical, perhaps a book or on-line resourse (maybe something
like the TESOL site or Dave's ESL Cafe) that has tips for landing ESL teaching
jobs. I think she's especially interested in ESL public school teaching in the
U.S.

David

--

Please note my new email address is CMicheau at umasd.org.  I am @umasd.org, not @upper-merion.k12.pa.us.  Please update your records, if necessary.