[EDLING:304] Symposium for Society of Language Development

Francis M. Hult fmhult at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Tue Sep 14 19:26:49 UTC 2004

Reminder:   Society of for Language Development Symposium
             November 4th, 2004
             Boston University, Boston, MA

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that the Society for Language Development
has been officially incorporated and will be holding its first annual
symposium on Thursday November 4, in conjunction with the BUCLD meeting
November 5-7 (details below).

The society website can be found at:

     http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/sld/

In addition, the Society has established a new journal, Language
Learning and Development, with Susan Goldin-Meadow as Editor and
LouAnn Gerken as Associate Editor. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
(LEA) is  the publisher.

We encourage everyone to join the Society.  As part of the annual
Society dues you will receive the journal for FREE.  Regular membership
is $75 and student membership is $40.  You can join the Society and
subscribe to the journal at the same time by clicking on the following
link, which will take you to the LEA website.

    https://www.erlbaum.com/shop/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=1547-5441

We look forward to seeing you at the first Society for Language
Development symposium in the Fall and we hope you will encourage your
colleagues and students to join the Society so that you all may receive
the first volume of the new journal in 2005.

Sincerely,

Lila Gleitman, SLD President

Susan Goldin-Meadow, LL&D Editor

                           Opening Event of

                 The Society for Language Development

                    http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/sld/

Symposium on Language Development and the Brain
November 4, 2004
1pm to 5pm

George Sherman Union
Boston University

Speakers:

      Patricia K. Kuhl, University of Washington
      Title TBA

      Laura-Ann Petitto, Dartmouth College
      Insights into How Children Discover Language

      Heidi M. Feldman, University of Pittsburgh
      Language Learning with an Injured Brain

Registration Fee:  Regular $20; Student $10
(Registration will be possible through the BUCLD advanced registration
website or at the door.)

Sponsored by:
  Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
  Dept of Brain & Cognitive Sciences, University of Rochester
  Dept of Psychology, University of Chicago
  Program in Cognitive Science, University of Arizona
  BU Conference on Language Development, Boston University
  and others.