[EDLING:849] Journal of Research in Reading - Call for papers

Ros Fisher R.J.Fisher at EXETER.AC.UK
Mon Jun 13 20:08:48 UTC 2005

Please note the call for forthcoming special issue of the
Journal of Research in Reading

Posted by Ros Fisher, University of Exeter

Reading and Literacy in  Developing Countries

Guest Editors: Amos Paran, Institute of Education, University of
London, UK and Eddie Williams, University of Bangor, United Kingdom

The Journal invites submissions of articles to be considered for
publication in a forthcoming special issue of the Journal entitled
Reading and Literacy in Developing Countries, scheduled for publication
in Spring 2007. The term ‘developing countries’ should be interpreted
in the broadest sense and include countries with low GNP and low levels
of adult literacy. We welcome research on reading and literacy in
languages other than English as well as research on reading English as
a Second or Foreign Language in the contexts concerned. We would also
welcome theoretical or review papers.

When preparing their manuscript, authors are requested to keep in mind
that readers of the Journal may not be familiar with the specific
context being described or with the language(s) discussed and to pay
particular attention to the description of the context (political,
educational, social or linguistic) of the teaching or the research. For
guidelines on preparing and submitting articles, please see the inside
back cover of the journal or visit
www.blackwellpublishing.com/JRIR/submiss.htm

In order to assist planning, authors are requested to send expressions
of interest or requests for further information to the corresponding
editor, a.paran at ioe.ac.uk by July 31st 2005. The closing date for
receipt of first drafts of papers for this special issue is March 31st
2006. We welcome submission by email. All papers will be subject to the
normal peer review process of the Journal. The expected deadline for
submission of final versions is November 30th 2006.

Please submit papers for this special issue to:
Dr Amos Paran
a.paran at ioe.ac.uk
Institute of Education
University of London
20 Bedford Way
London WC1H 0AL
UK

Dr Ros Fisher
School of Education and Lifelong Learning
University of Exeter
Exeter
EX1 2LU
Tel: +44 1392 264975