[EDLING:856] Re: Multiple Intelligences and Language learning

sicola at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU sicola at DOLPHIN.UPENN.EDU
Fri Jun 17 01:01:40 UTC 2005

In Diane Larsen-Freeman's book "Techniques & Principles in Language Teaching,
chapter 11 contends with MI. It's a VERY applied pedagogical overview, but there
are some potentially valuable references at the end of the chapter:

Armstrong, T (1993). Seven Kinds of Smart: Discovering and using yo8ur natural
intelligences. New York: Plume/Penguin.

"" 1994. Multiple Intelligences in the Classsroom. Alexandria, VA: ASCD.

Christison, M. 1996. Teaching and learning language through multiple
intelligences. TESOL Journal, Autumn: 10-14.

Lazear, D. 1997. Seven ways of teaching: The artistry of teaching with multiple
intelligences. Arlington Hts, IL: Skylight Publishing.

Again, these are all rather pedagogical in nature, but they probably have good
bibliographies at the end, so it might be a good springboard.

Good luck!
Laura