Question on link between language and culture

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Thu Jul 24 21:41:02 UTC 2008

If you're trying to make a link between language skills and business opportunities, you might this European report useful: "Languages Mean Business: Companies work better with languages"
http://ec.europa.eu/education/languages/pdf/davignon_en.pdf

Here's an article about it:
http://www.euractiv.com/en/culture/report-eu-losing-business-due-lack-language-skills/article-174208?Ref=RSS

The report addresses aspects of cultural awareness too.

FMH

--
Francis M. Hult, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

Web: http://faculty.coehd.utsa.edu/fhult/

New Book: The Handbook of Educational Linguistics (Edited by Bernard Spolsky & Francis M. Hult)
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/book.asp?ref=9781405154109