Language Policy materials

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Thu Mar 6 13:15:36 UTC 2008

David Corson's (1999) book is a great starting point:

Corson, D. (1999). Language policy in schools: A resource for teachers and administrators.  Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.

FMH

--
Francis M. Hult, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Bicultural-Bilingual Studies
University of Texas at San Antonio

Web: http://faculty.coehd.utsa.edu/fhult/

________________________________

From: edling-bounces at lists.sis.utsa.edu on behalf of Licho Lopez
Sent: Thu 3/6/2008 2:28 AM
To: The Educational Linguistics List is an international forum for thediscussion of research, current issues,and trends in educational linguistics.
Subject: [Edling] Language Policy materials

Dear all,
The international school where I currently teach ESL will be revising and rewriting its language policy. I will be engaged in this process, but where do I start? How do I begin writing language policies? Whose voices in the language ed. academe should I hear at this initial stage of policy writing? Any books, authors, articles or other electronic resources that you can recommend will be most appreciated!

Warm regards,

Ligia (Licho) Lopez

"We acknowledge the harshness of situations only when we have in mind another state of affairs in which things would be better."

                                                                             Greene 1995

List Manager: Francis M. Hult