CFP: 6th International Conference on Teacher Education

Francis Hult francis.hult at utsa.edu
Mon Jan 25 21:20:25 UTC 2010

http://www.ictedphilippines.org/

6th International Conference on Teacher Education

Celebrating Diversity and Transformative Innovations in Teacher Education

SEAMEO-Innotech, Quezon City, Philippines

July 29 -31, 2010

How has diversity enriched our curricular offerings and instructional strategies? How are teachers trained to manage diverse learners? How does the concept of privilege affect the schooling of students in our present society? How is equity in education guaranteed?

What reforms have revolutionized the way we educate students? What innovations have transformed our educational landscape?

Individuals and institutions are invited to present academic papers on the two major conference strands:

Diversity in education

Papers may focus on any of the following aspects of diversity: socio-economic realities, ethnic or racial differences, language, abilities and disabilities, religion, sexual orientation and gender.

Transformative innovations

Topics may include educative efforts in situations of emergency, crisis and reconstruction, peace and human rights, educational justice, inclusion, addressing substance abuse, reproductive health and HIV/AIDS, use of information and communication technology and instructional strategies to address diversity.

Research Paper Proposal Guidelines

A research paper presentation may have one to three presenters focusing on theoretical and research frameworks for addressing diversity and transformative innovations. To be considered for conference presentation, an abstract of no more than 300 words should be submitted as a Word document attachment. The attachment must include the name/s of the presenter/s, institutional affiliation/s, email address, work and home telephone numbers, and the proposal abstract.

The abstract should include the title, description of the theory/research, its significance to teacher education and the structure of the presentation.

Best Practice Paper Proposal Guidelines

A best practice paper presentation involves practical demonstration and application of specific strategies related to the theme of diversity in education and transformative innovation. The presentation may have one to three presenters. To be considered for conference presentation, a proposal of not more than 300 words should be submitted as a Word document attachment. The attachment must include the name/s of the presenter/s, institutional affiliation/s, email address, work and home telephone numbers, and the proposal abstract.

The abstract should include the title, description of the theoretical underpinnings, process, features and procedure of the strategy, its significance to teacher education and the structure of the presentation.

Proposals must be submitted to icted2010.confpapers at gmail.com by March 15, 2010. The notice of acceptance will be sent by April 1, 2010.