Job: English (TESL), Assistant Professor
Drescher, Nancy L
nancy.drescher at mnsu.edu
Thu Nov 22 13:26:06 UTC 2012
MINNESOTA STATE UNIVERSITY, MANKATO
invites applications for the position of:
English (TESL), Assistant Professor (PRF#14048)
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 11/09/12
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Initial review of applications begins December 15, 2012; review will continue until position is filled.
POSITION: Probationary; Nine Month Appointment*
DATE OF APPOINTMENT: August 19, 2013
To teach undergraduate English as a Second Language courses and graduate Teaching English as a Second Language courses in the department's licensure and degree programs. In addition, to serve as the principal liaison to the Intensive English Language Institute, collaborating with the IELI director and staff on issues related to curriculum, graduate teaching assistant supervision, and language assessment (in lieu of 4 credits of teaching per year). Teaching load: 12 credits (3 courses) per semester. Some online teaching required. Also required: continued scholarly activity, undergraduate and graduate advising, service on MA thesis committees and department committees.
* Earned Doctorate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Second Language Acquisition, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, or a related field required by December 16, 2013.
* Demonstrated experience teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages at the university level.
* Evidence of relevant scholarly activity.
* Experience with Intensive English Program design and administration.
* Dissertation successfully defended by August 19, 2013.
* Teaching and research area of emphasis in one of the following areas: cognition, psycholinguistics, bilingualism/multilingualism, English for specific purposes, second language research methodology.
* Experience with online teaching.
* Experience with teacher supervision.
* Experience with L2 learning technology.
* Experience in ESOL curriculum development.
* Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
The TESL program includes an MA in TESL degree, a Graduate Certificate, Minnesota K-12 ESL licensure at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and undergraduate minors in linguistics and TESL for non-licensure students (see http://english.mnsu.edu/tesl). The English Department houses ESL/EAP courses for regularly admitted international students and developmental English courses for provisionally admitted international and other non-native-English-speaking students through the Intensive English Language Institute (see http://www.mnsu.edu/admissions/international/englishproficiency.html). The English Department also includes master’s level programs in Creative Writing (MFA), English Studies, and Technical Communication, and undergraduate programs in the same fields and in English education. The English department is also responsible for the university’s large composition program and offers general education courses in literature, film, popular culture, and humanities. For further information, visit the department website at: http://english.mnsu.edu. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu<http://www.mnsu.edu/>.
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm. A complete online application will include all of the following:
* Cover Letter attached to on-line application
* Resume/Curriculum Vitae attached to on-line application
* Contact information for three (3) references provided in the on-line application
* Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree attached to on-line application
* A 1-2 page written statement of your teaching philosophy and research goals attached to on-line application
* Three (3) written letters of reference mailed directly to the Search Committee Chair at the address noted below.
Matthew Sewell, Search Committee Chair
Minnesota State University, Mankato
230 Armstrong Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: (507) 389-2117
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
Fax: (507) 389-5362
Email: Matthew.Sewell at mnsu.edu
<mailto:Matthew.Sewell at mnsu.edu>
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.ifo.org/contract09-11/2009-2011.pdf.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
HUMAN RESOURCES IS LOCATED AT:
336 Wigley Administration Center
Mankato, MN 56001
trisha.stoner at mnsu.edu<mailto:trisha.stoner at mnsu.edu>
ENGLISH (TESL), ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (PRF#14048)
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800--267-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This bulletin is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity university and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
Edling mailing list
Edling at bunner.geol.lu.se
More information about the Edling