Job: Test Production Team Manager at CAL
francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Mon Nov 26 17:07:02 UTC 2012
Jobs at CAL
November 26, 2012
Send questions and resumes to jobs at cal.org<mailto:jobs at cal.org>.
Test Production Team Manager
Salary: $57,700 - $72,000
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Supervise and coordinate the work of a graphic design/production team that produces graphic-intense paper and computer-based language assessments for K-12.
* Coordinate the transition of a paper-based to an interactive, multimedia delivered test
* Ensure smooth communication and coordination between the production team and the test development and technology teams
* Maintain and update regular work schedules and production timelines as well as plan for special projects or work with related teams
* Conduct weekly production check-in meetings
* Ensure adherence to production timelines and coordination with test development
* Develop and monitor implementation of quality control procedures for graphics, layout, and design for test forms
* Oversee production work involving task distribution, graphics ordering, layout, coloring, revisions, and communication with artists
* Provide guidance and support to production staff and assist with the development of test layout and design
* Coordinate requests for work coming from different teams within a large project, streamline schedules and implementation
* Carry out research for pricing or costing issues related to the project as needed
* Negotiate with contractors on timelines, cost, personnel as needed
* Transmit final test deliverables in the correct and secured formats for print and computer delivery
* Maintain brand image and integrity across all projects
* Stay abreast of trends, new techniques and resources in graphic design
* Oversee the production of flyers, brochures, manuals, and other test and project related materials as needed
* Other duties as assigned
BA/BS degree in related field or a minimum of eight years of equivalent education, and seven years of related experience, including supervisory experience are required.
Successful candidate will have experience supervising and coordinating a team of designers to produce paper and/or computer-based materials. He or she will have project and/or production coordination experience, facility with the technical aspects of graphics editing, layout, and design, as well as experience working on production during all phases of development from specifications and templates through final camera-ready versions.
The preferred candidate will be able to balance multiple tasks and schedules, motivated to be flexible and show leadership in order to attain team goals, and have the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment. Strong attention to details and analytical as well as a creative approach to tasks. Ability to juggle the coordination of multiple tasks keeping all on target in quality output and on deadline. Excellent skills in the following areas are highly desirable: organization, planning, and time management; oral and interpersonal communication; experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver), and Microsoft Office software.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator 13-01
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
jobs at cal.org<mailto:jobs at cal.org>
Attn: Recruitment 13-01
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.
Back to top
Copyright © 2012 CAL. All rights reserved.
CAL Store<http://calstore.cal.org> | Contact Us<http://www.cal.org/about/contact.html> | Privacy<http://www.cal.org/privacyPolicy.html>
Center for Applied Linguistics, 4646 40th Street NW, Washington, DC 20016-1859
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Edling mailing list
Edling at bunner.geol.lu.se
More information about the Edling