US: Rachel Jeantel=?windows-1252?Q?=92s_?=lack of literacy is a societal problem

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Fri Jun 28 06:49:29 UTC 2013

The Washington Times

Rachel Jeantel’s lack of literacy is a societal problem

Rachel Jeantel’s testimony on the witness stand during the George Zimmerman murder trial was cringe-inducing, embarrassing, and mortifying to watch. As a Black woman I have been ridiculed for “talking white” and “thinking I’m white” because I navigate quite well outside of Black culture. Frankly, I would rather take that type of flack than be an embarrassment across worldwide media because of my inability to do so.

Full story:
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/my-orbit/2013/jun/27/rachel-jeantels-lack-literacy-societal-problem/