Job: Immigrant Integration Resource Development Specialist at CAL
francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Tue Jun 24 14:43:20 UTC 2014
Jobs at CAL
June 24, 2014
Send questions and resumes to jobs at cal.org<mailto:jobs at cal.org>.
Immigrant Integration Resource Development Specialist
CAL Classification: Technical Specialist
Program Area: Refugee and Immigrant Integration (RII)
Hours Per Week: 28.5 hrs/wk (part-time)
Position Available: Immediately
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Use expertise in refugee resettlement, writing, research, and technical assistance provision to further RII’s work in providing publications, resources, and technical assistance to an increasingly broad array of service providers and community members working on refugee resettlement and immigrant integration as well as to newcomer populations themselves.
* Research and write content for COR Center publications
* Coordinate content and contributions of subject matter experts to COR Center publications
* Adapt current COR Center publications to create resources available for different purposes
* Develop new content for the COR Center Web site, including materials focusing upon immigrant integration
* Create COR Center outreach materials
* Conduct and synthesize information from interviews and surveys to inform COR Center provision of technical assistance
* Provide refugee resettlement content area knowledge to COR Center and contracted game developers regarding online learning environment
* Locate and coordinate client group play testers for online learning environment
* Conduct related research and spearhead creation and implementation of online training programs related to COR Center content
* Provide research support to other COR Center staff
* Use content knowledge and research skills to provide technical assistance in response to client requests for information and referrals
* Conduct research to identify development opportunities
* Participate in development of proposals
* Assist with logistics for COR Center workshops and other activities
* Maintain the membership list of the Refugee Discussion electronic discussion group
* Other activities as assigned by the RII Director and Associate Director
* Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field and five years of related experience or Master’s degree with two years of related experience are required.
* Experience: The preferred candidate will have experience working with refugees and immigrants in a resettlement- and/or integration-related context.
* The preferred candidate will be a self-motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment, and the ability to switch between a variety of tasks as the situation warrants. The position also calls for highly-developed skills in research, writing, and oral and interpersonal communication with colleagues and client populations, as well as in organization, planning, and time management.
IF INTERESTED, SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20016-1859
ATTN: Human Resources Coordinator, Recruitment 14-20
jobs at cal.org<mailto:jobs at cal.org>
Attn: Recruitment 14-20
CAL offers a comfortable work environment with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. We are conveniently located two blocks from the Tenleytown/AU Metro Station on the Red Line.
The Center for Applied Linguistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment based upon race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, handicap, or any other reason not related to employment.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, all successful applicants will be required to show proof of their legal right to accept employment in the United States.
Back to top
Copyright © 2014 CAL. All rights reserved.
CAL Store<http://calstore.cal.org> | Contact Us<http://www.cal.org/about/contact.html> | Privacy<http://www.cal.org/privacyPolicy.html>
Center for Applied Linguistics, 4646 40th Street NW, Washington, DC 20016-1859
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Edling mailing list
Edling at bunner.geol.lu.se
More information about the Edling