[Edling] Discourse analysis textbook

Lynn Burley lburley at uca.edu
Wed Jul 15 18:08:13 UTC 2015

I taught Discourse Analysis back in 2009 and haven't had the opportunity to
do it again. The class was a mix of Writing and Linguistics majors/minors,
so I went with a more general approach--the whole text--rather than a more
sentence level approach as you will find in linguistics oriented discourse
analysis texts.  I used Bazerman's "What Writing Does and How it Does It,"
and loved it.  This class was one of the best classes I've ever taught--we
had a lot of fun and learned a lot together.  I've attached my syllabus and
schedule if that is any help to you.
Lynn

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Kuha, Mai <mkuha at bsu.edu> wrote:

>  Hello everyone. Any recommendations for a textbook for an undergraduate
> discourse analysis course for non-majors?
>
>  Mai
>  --
>  Mai Kuha
> Department of English
> Ball State University

Dr. Lynn Burley, Associate Professor
Department of Languages, Linguistics, Literatures, and Cultures
University of Central Arkansas
Irby Hall 302C
Conway, AR 72035
501.852-0997