[Edling] Text Book Ideas for Differentiated Instruction in Language Teaching

Francis Hult francis.hult at englund.lu.se
Thu May 14 08:15:28 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I will be teaching a post-baccalaureate teacher training course for pre-service modern language teachers this fall.  I would like to include a textbook on differentiated instruction that focuses particularly on language learning.  My teacher candidates will be working mainly in middles grades and high school and across a wide range of languages (especially Chinese, English, French, Spanish, and Swedish [as a second language]).

I wonder if anyone has suggestions for good textbooks.  I found one that seems to be on target:

http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9781596670204/

If anyone has used it, how have your students found it?  Does anyone have suggestions for other useful textbooks on this topic?

Best,

Francis

--
Francis M. Hult, PhD
Associate Professor

Web: http://www.sol.lu.se/en/sol/staff/FrancisHult/

Editor, Educational Linguistics book series
http://www.springer.com/series/5894

Co-editor, Contributions to the Sociology of Language book series
http://www.degruyter.com/view/serial/16644