[Edling] Text Book Ideas for Differentiated Instruction in Language Teaching

Horwitz, Elaine K horwitz at austin.utexas.edu
Mon May 18 16:34:48 UTC 2015

Hi Francis,

May I recommend my book Becoming a Language Teacher (Pearson).  (I believe) it gives a good introduction to language teaching with a focus on learner characteristics. It starts with a chapter on individual differences in language language learning and gives suggestions throughout for providing for the needs of individual learners when planning language instruction/classes.

(Horwitz, 2013)
http://www.pearsonhighered.com/educator/product/Becoming-a-Language-Teacher-A-Practical-Guide-to-Second-Language-Learning-and-Teaching/9780132489980.page

Best regards,
Elaine