[Edling] Tell me how you talk/Racont-moi ta langue documentary

YOUNG Andrea (EPE) andrea.young at espe.unistra.fr
Sat Jan 9 11:50:23 UTC 2016

Hello everyone.
Here is a link to a 53' documentary (in French with English subtitles) about Christine Hélot's and my work in France which has been recently posted on the web.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP5o0fk34jk
In a small village in Alsace, two teachers invite the parents of their pupils to come on Saturday mornings to present their languages and cultures.
In the Education Department of the University of Strabourg (IUFM of Alsace, now ESPE de l'Académie de Strasbourg), two researchers challenge the reluctance of schools to open up the linguistic and cultural diversity of their pupils and in particular those who speak migrant languages. The film shows how children, parents, teachers, students and researchers can contribute to a radical change of attitude. It tells the story of all these people and how they relate to their languages.

Kind regards,
--
Andrea YOUNG
Maître de conférences en anglais, HDR