[Edling] Call for Proposals: Conference on Language, Learning, & Culture (deadline 12/5/2016)

Rebecca Sachs rsachs at viu.edu
Fri Sep 30 22:33:20 UTC 2016

The School of Education at Virginia International University invites proposals for the 2017 Conference on Language, Learning, and Culture!

THEME: Enhancing and Advancing Teacher Education: Professional Identities, Communities, Beliefs, and Practices

DATES: April 7-8, 2017
LOCATION: Virginia International University, Fairfax, VA, USA
WEBSITE: https://conference.viu.edu/cllc
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: http://conference.viu.edu/cllc/content/call-for-proposals
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 5, 2016

OVERVIEW: In the spirit of promoting self-driven, collaborative, meaningful, and sustainable professional development, CLLC 2017 focuses on the professional identities, communities, beliefs, and practices of educators and how they can all be harnessed to enhance and advance the lifelong learning we recognize as the ideal meaning of the phrase "teacher education." Our goal is to involve pre- and in-service teachers, teacher educators, administrators, researchers, and other professionals at all stages of their careers in a multidirectional sharing of expertise and experiences that will contribute to future exploratory practice and professional growth.

PLENARY SPEAKERS

Dr. Arieh Sherris (Texas A&M University-Kingsville) on agency and activism in situated teacher practices

Dr. Rashi Jain (Montgomery College) on translingually responsive pedagogy

Dr. Joy Kreeft Peyton (Center for Applied Linguistics) on collaborative international online professional development

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

Proposals for paper and poster presentations, practice-oriented sessions and workshops, colloquia, and panel discussions are invited in areas related to the themes of educators' professional identities, communities, beliefs, and practices until December 5, 2016.

Presentation topics need not address the topic of teacher education directly; we welcome proposals on anything that educators themselves would consider worthwhile for enhancing their own and their colleagues' professional development and daily practices.

For abstract submission guidelines and details on how submit a proposal, please visit our Call for Proposals page: http://conference.viu.edu/cllc/content/call-for-proposals.

IMPORTANT DATES

Registration opens: November 1, 2016

Proposal submission deadline: December 5, 2016

Notification of acceptance: Week of January 9, 2017

Early registration deadline: March 5, 2017

Regular registration deadline: April 2, 2017

Late registration: April 3-8, 2017

Submission to conference proceedings: July 7, 2017

QUESTIONS?

Questions about the conference can be directed to Kevin Martin, Associate Dean of VIU's School of Education, at kevin at viu.edu. To volunteer, please contact Rebecca Sachs at rsachs at viu.edu.

We welcome your participation in CLLC 2017! Please mark your calendars, submit proposals, and make plans to attend!