[Edling] Recent work on child second language phonology?

Miriam E Ebsworth mee1 at nyu.edu
Thu Feb 2 20:15:59 UTC 2017

Dear Friends,

I have a colleague at NYU who is a researcher in the speech department (we
both studied first language acquisition with Lois Bloom many years ago).

While she has published widely herself, and we have served together on
several thesis committees over the years, she is asking for suggestions on
some articles she might read to tap the very  latest cutting-edge research
in the area of second language phonology acquisition in young children.
Since this is far from my area of expertise, I promised to poll the list
and we are requesting your suggestions.

Who are the major theorists and researchers actively looking at issues
currently?
 Are there a few seminal articles she should read to help catch up?

Many thanks for your input!
Miriam

Miriam Eisenstein Ebsworth, PhD
Dir. of PhD & Post-MA Programs in Multilingual Multicultural Studies
NYU Steinhardt,
316 East Building
New York, NY 10003

Research Editor: Journal of Writing and Pedagogy
Member, NABE Research SIG Advisory Board
Co-chair, ELL Think Tank

office phone: (212) 998-5195
office fax: (212) 995-3636