[Edling] Invitation to submit a book chapter in language, literature or linguistics education

Mihyon Jeon mihyjeon at yorku.ca
Wed Oct 10 22:53:24 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues,

We are sending out a _Call for Papers_ for the 2019 publication of a
collected volume of essays tentatively titled, /Best Practices for
Teaching and Learning in Languages, Literatures and Linguistics./

*Book Description:*

The book will focus on successful practices and methodologies and
address the challenges and implications for teaching and learning
languages, literatures and linguistics.

This is a timely way to discuss and share practical ideas, methods and
approaches used and developed in our courses and programs.

Themes considered for this publication include and are not limited to:

  * Experiential Education
  * Community Engagement
  * Technology Enhanced Teaching, Learning and Assessing (Moodle, Google
    Classroom, Social Media in the Classroom, etc.)
  * Inter-Artistic Approaches to Teaching
  * Blended and Online Learning

These broad categories will later be divided into chapters according to

By using templates and samples drawn from our courses, our collection of
articles will offer practical advice and suggestions for integrating the
newest approaches and methods within our teaching fields. The
publication will benefit our knowledge-sharing and extend the dialogue
between instructors.

If you would like to contribute an article, please submit the followings
to <mihyjeon at yorku.ca>:

  * a 200-word abstract with five key words, and
  * a short 100-word Bio

Article Length: 2500 - 5000 words

Format: MLA ^

*Important Dates:*

Abstract and Bio due by: *November 5^th *, 2018

First Draft due by: *January 31^st *, 2018

Final Draft Due on: *March 22^nd *,^2019

Expected publication date: *September 2019*

*
*

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Mihyon Jeon, Maria Figueredo and Fernanda Carra-Salsberg

Department of Languages, Literatures and Linguistics

York University, Canada

--
Mihyon Jeon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor