[Edling] Job Ad: Asst Prof of Applied Linguistics at University of Mississippi

TAMARA WARHOL twarhol at go.olemiss.edu
Sat Oct 6 11:41:50 UTC 2018

Assistant Professor of Applied Linguistics (Modern Languages)
Link:
https://careers.olemiss.edu/job/University-Assistant-Professor-of-Applied-Linguistics-%28Modern-Languages%29-MS-38677/508824900/
Location:

University, MS, US, 38677
Department:  Modern Languages (10000883)
Employee Designation:  Regular Full-time (Benefits Eligible)

Job Information

The Department of Modern Languages at the University of Mississippi invites
applications for a full-time, tenure-track position at the rank of
Assistant Professor of Applied Linguistics to begin August 2019. The
department seeks a candidate to contribute to its newly launched Ph.D.
program in Second Language Studies as well as to the M.A. and undergraduate
programs in Linguistics and TESOL. The successful candidate will hold a
Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics or related field at the time of appointment
and demonstrate excellence in teaching, research, and service. Research
areas may include: language assessment and testing, bilingual education of
language-minority students, instructed SLA, and CALL. All candidates must
have expertise in quantitative methods and must be able to teach a graduate
course on statistics for linguistic research. Duties include teaching
courses in Linguistics and TESOL; building a strong research and
publication record; and participating actively in departmental and
university service. Nine-month appointment with summer support available;
comprehensive salary and benefits.

Applicants should upload a curriculum vitae and a cover letter indicating
research and teaching interests, and should list contact information for
three references who can provide a letter of recommendation. Review of
applications will continue until the position is filled or until an
adequate applicant pool is established.

Salary/Wage Information

To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here
<http://hr.olemiss.edu/compensation/job-descriptions/> to visit the
Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for
general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on
qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified
positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have
established salary ranges.

EEO Statement

The University of Mississippi complies with all applicable laws regarding
equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis
of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or
genetic information.
Tamara Warhol, PhD
Associate Professor of Linguistics & TESOL
Director - Undergraduate Linguistics Program
Department of Modern Languages

The University of Mississippi
P.O. Box 1848
University, MS 38677-1848