[Edling] Journal of Home Language Research

Beverly Hong-Fincher hongyuebi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:54:19 UTC 2019

I've published an article 'Usurping the Grand-Ma title "Nai.nai"' some
years back, It describes how the Chinese kinship terms are patriarchal, and
I intentionally instructed my daughter's 2 sons to address me as Nai.nai
instead of  "Lao.lao" (External grandma.).....this seems like the kind of
content you're looking for. If you like it, would you'd like to reprint it?

Thank you.

Beverly Hong Fincher, PhD.
202-244-1097