[Edling] CERCLL Webinar Series- Literacy Based Lesson Planning

Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy (CERCLL) via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Mon Nov 2 18:48:26 UTC 2020

CERCLL has lined up a series of three Professional Development webinars focused on the theme of Literacy Based Lesson Planning for language educators.

We invite you to participate in one, two or all three of these FREE online events.

During the registration process, participants can request a certificate of attendance for 1.5 hours of Continuing Education for attending the live event; or participants can request a digital badge after the event.

Crafting Compelling Experiences: The Power of Stories, Scaffolding & Sharing<https://cercll.arizona.edu/event/montgomery/>
Saturday, November 7, 2020
​Presented by Cherice Montgomery (Brigham Young University)
During this interactive webinar, participants will: (1) learn a step-by-step process for skillfully integrating culturally authentic texts into meaningful interpretive communication activities; (2) explore effective techniques for supporting learners’ comprehension; (3) experience interactive activities for assessing learners’ understanding.  Bring your textbook, a lesson you’d like to improve, and your creativity!

Multimodal Pedagogies in the L2 Classroom: Moving from Language to Communication Paradigm<https://cercll.arizona.edu/event/javalencia/>
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Presented by José Aldemar Álvarez Valencia (Universidad del Valle, Cali, Colombia)
In this webinar, participants will be introduced to the main concepts of multimodal pedagogies such as design, modes, semiotic resources, and transmodality. Likewise, the presenter will discuss the main principles of this new approach, followed by some examples on how it can be implemented in a language/communication classroom.

Re- Envisioning Writing Instruction Using a Design Approach<https://cercll.arizona.edu/event/allen/>
Saturday, December 5, 2020
Presented by Heather Willis Allen (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
In this webinar, we will explore the principles of Design writing instruction and discuss pedagogical examples of how this approach can be used to integrate L2 reading and writing, to facilitate learners’ familiarity with and use of appropriate L2 writing conventions, and to foster dialogue around the process and products of L2 writing. For the application stage of this workshop, please bring a presentational writing assignment that you have used in the past and want to improve or revise.

Learn more about the presenters and their presentations on our website here: https://cercll.arizona.edu/upcoming-events/

Questions?  Please email us.

We look forward to seeing you at one or all of our upcoming Professional Development events!

Center for Educational Resources in Culture, Language and Literacy (CERCLL)

cercll at email.arizona.edu

(520) 626-8071

[cid:74682a5c-449b-4789-8b21-77bb97a97d44][cid:71997535-cd66-43e9-bc62-1ef00520694d]