[Edling] Position Announcement: Assistant Professor in Literacy in Bilingual/Multilingual Settings

Manka Varghese via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Sun Oct 11 01:40:16 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

We have a new tenure track position opening in Literacy in Bilingual &
Multilingual Settings at the University of Washington's College of
Education (see attachment).

Our college has made huge strides in terms of centering educational
justice and many of our new colleagues are BIPOC who focus on
decolonial, racial and linguistic justice so it really is a healthier
place than many for new faculty members who are truly committed to and
want to advance this work.

For those who are interested, and as chair of the search, I am happy to
answer questions about the position.

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Manka
--

Manka Varghese, Ph.D (She/Her/Hers pronouns)

Professor

University of Washington, College of Education

Language, Literacy and Culture

122R Miller Hall

Box 353600

Seattle, WA. 98195-3600

http://education.washington.edu/areas/ci/profiles/varghese.html
<http://education.washington.edu/areas/ci/profiles/varghese.html>

We acknowledge that we work and live on the ancestral homelands of the
Coast Salish Peoples who have lived here from time immemorial.

"We die.That may be the meaning of life. But we do language. That may be
the measure of our lives." Toni Morrison