[Edling] Leeuwarden Summer School on Cultural & Linguistic Diversity (27 June - 2 July)

Mazzoli, M. via Edling edling at lists.mail.umbc.edu
Thu Apr 1 07:39:38 UTC 2021

 Please circulate!

Dear friends and colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to our upcoming:

*Leeuwarden Summer School on Cultural & Linguistic Diversity*
This year's theme is *Diversity in Education* and the summer school is
organized ONLINE. This Summer School is of interest to students (BA, MA &
PhD) and early career researchers with an interest in diversity in
education, as well as educational policy makers, teachers, and other
professionals working in education.

*When*: 27 June - 2 July 2021

*What*: A week-long programme on cultural and linguistic diversity in
education. The school is inspired by and aims at joining ongoing debates on
social cohesion, justice and democratic governance, both in academia and
society at large. We aim to establish a dialogue between the academic study
of diversity in education, and the daily reality of educators and policy
makers who need to manage the increasing cultural and linguistic diversity
of today’s schools, universities and other educational settings.

*More information and registration here
<https://www.rug.nl/education/summer-winter-schools/cultural-linguistic-diversity/?lang=en>**
!*
<https://www.rug.nl/education/summer-winter-schools/cultural-linguistic-diversity/?lang=en>

Or write to: summerschooldiversity at rug.nl

*Confirmed speakers (so far)*:
Special guest is our non-academic partner LOWAN: Marieke Postma &
colleagues will present current challenges in the education of newcomers in
Leeuwarden.

Janet Fuller (RUG, *Linguistic diversity in education*) and Marjolein Deunk
(RUG, * Inclusion and exclusion in education*) will provide introductory
lectures.

Joana Duarte (NHL|Stenden, University of Amsterdam, RUG)
*Engaging with multilingual interaction in mainstream education*

Heini Lehtonen (University of Helsinki)
* The enregisterment of minority language resources in- and outside
classroom *

Carmen Maíz Arévalo (Complutense University of Madrid) & Sjoerd-Jeroen
Moenandar (RUG)
*Intercultural encounters in a narrative learning environment*

Giovanna Fassetta & Maria Grazia Imperiale (University of Glasgow)
*Offering linguistic hospitality and decolonising refugee education*

Flávio Eiró (RUG) & Pomme van de Weerd (University of Amsterdam)
* Race politics and practices of differentiation in the classroom*

Matt Coler (RUG)
*Supporting under-resourced languages with language technology *

Maria Mazzoli & Aurélie Joubert (RUG)
*Rethinking prescriptivism in language revitalisation*

Emma Dafouz Milne (Complutense University of Madrid)
*English medium education in the internationalised university*

Best regards to all, hope to see you at the school!

Maria Mazzoli

--
Maria Mazzoli | Assistant Professor of Sociolinguistics, Diversity and
Minorities

*Diversity in Education*
*Leeuwarden Summer School on Cultural & Linguistic Diversity*
*27 June - 2 July 2021*
https://www.rug.nl/education/summer-winter-schools/cultural-linguistic-diversity/?lang=en